Cookies are the central focus of the Internet’s efficient functioning, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Denying or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed through the request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Cookies once installed have a fixed lifespan, remaining “passive”, in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts: the name of the cookie and the content or value of the cookie. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web server.
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interest of each individual user, namely for:
– improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit / use by users;
– in preparing aggregated anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding personal identification of the user.
– anticipation of the goods that are made available to users through this website, depending on the services / products accessed.
Based on the feedback sent through cookies about how this website is used, chimcomplex.com can take measures to make this website more efficient and accessible to users and support our efforts to provide user-friendly services: e.g. – online privacy preferences, shopping cart or relevant advertising.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require authentication of a user through an account):
- Content and services tailored to user preferences – product categories and services.
- Offers tailored to the interests of users – retention of passwords.
- Retention of child protection filters on internet content (family mode options, safe search functions).
- Limit the frequency of ad serving – limiting the number of ad placements for a particular user on a site.
- Providing more relevant advertising to the user.
- Measurement, optimization and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user reaches a website (eg through search engines, directly from other websites, etc.). Websites run these analyses of their use to improve the sites for the benefit of the
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifetime:
– Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
– Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed” is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or several years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
By using / visiting the website, the following cookies may be placed:
– Website performance cookies;
– User analysis cookies;
– Cookies for geotargeting;
– Registration cookies;
– Advertising cookies;
– Cookies of advertising providers;
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows the browser to be recognized. This website recognizes your browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, attracting limitations on its use possibilities.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers offer the possibility to change the settings of cookies. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” section or in the “preferences” menu of your browser.
However, denying or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – but only that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.